· 1995 University of Kentucky, M.S. in Library and Information Science with specialization in archives and children's literature
· 1979 University of Florida, B.A. in Anthropology
· Provided reference and reader's advisory services in the children's area of a large central library. Performed collection development and served on collection development committees. Created and presented child specific programs designed to encourage literacy. Planned and presented tours. Prepared bibliographies, informational brochures, and web pages (http://www.sanantonio.gov/library/kids/). Updated and maintained the existing collection catalog as holdings editor for the department. Assumed oversight and supervisory responsibilities for the technical, clerical and paraprofessional staff in the absence of supervisor.
· Surveyed the Children's Book Collection in the Special Collections Division of M.I. King Library and generated a database to facilitate access to the collection.
· Had circulation desk duties as a school media center volunteer for over five years in an elementary school and a middle school.
· Developed and implemented the University of Kentucky Oral History Program guidelines and procedures for transcription of oral history interviews, which then became the basis for standards used by the Kentucky Oral History Commission. Maintained a computerized interview collection database. Transcribed over 500 oral history interviews. These transcriptions have been included and/or cited in numerous publications such as Political Science in America: Oral Histories of a Discipline. Developed a collection survey guide, which has been published on the Modern Political Papers, M. I. King Library web page (http://www.uky.edu/Libraries/Special/oral_history/).
· Updated the Kentucky Oral History Commission Guide to Kentucky Oral History Collections. Composed and sent out letters to over 70 oral history repositories, conducted phone interviews with repositories, and entered data into a computerized database.
· Has had extensive experience in word-processing and data base systems over 20 years ranging from IBM magcard readers, Wordstar™, AskSAM™, and dBASE™ through the latest generation of office software and hardware, to include web-based databases and web page design. Has had experience with CARL library systems.
PRIOR WORK HISTORY
1998-2001 Librarian I; Children's Unit, Central Branch, San Antonio Public Library, San Antonio, TX
1996-1997 Assistant Archivist; Oral History/Modern Political Papers, Special Collections & Archives, M.I. King Library, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
1995-1996 Project Archivist updating the Guide to Kentucky Oral History Collections; Kentucky Oral History Commission, Frankfort, KY
1988-1995 Transcriptionist; Oral History Division, Special Collections & Archives, M.I. King Library, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
1982-1984 Office Assistant; Ft. Point and Army Museum Association, Presidio of San Francisco, CA
1979-1981 Clerk Typist II; Dept. of Civil Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
1979 Archeological Field Crew; Dept. of Anthropology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
1978-1979 Desk Clerk; Library West Circulation, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS
American Library Association
Association for Library Services to Children
Beta Phi Mu
Ms. Cathy Ormsby, Children’s Dept. Manager, San Antonio Public Library Central Library, 600 Soledad Street, San Antonio, TX, 78205-1200, (210) 207-2620, COrmsby@sanantonio.gov.
Ms. Cara Waits, The Winston School San Antonio, 8565 Ewing Halsell, San Antonio, TX, 78229, (210) 615-6544
Dr. Susan Cooper, Wesley College, 120 North State Street, Dover, DE, 19901, (302) 736-2464
Mr. Jeff Suchanek, Wendell H. Ford Research Center, M.I. King Library, Univ.
of Kentucky, Lexington, 40506, 859-257-8634, email@example.com